Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mean Kids

So I taught our Valiant 10 class today by myself. It was really hard because the kids were on one today. They were loud and just weren't really listening. We had a little girl visiting today. She tended to talk a lot and was a strange girl but never-the-less, It was no excuse for the way they were treating her. they were talking about her and calling her weird and were moving to get away from her. I tried to get them to behave, but they were just mean. in closing exercises she sat by me and told me that she didn't feel accepted in class today. It tore my heart out that these kids couldn't get past some one's differences and be friendly. When I was in the nursery, the little kids were more excepting. they would share toys and snacks. It just frustrates me. Next week we are going to have to have a talk about treating "different" people kindly.

1 comment:

  1. I never know the best way to handle situations like that. It's so hard. Sorry miss.

    ReplyDelete