April 6th was just another of our windstorms that rip everything apart. i look out the living room window and see our pool floater going passed our drive way. I've never put shoes on/run down the road so fast my entire life.This is a picture I got off walmart's website so you can visualize how big that sucker was. Also figure it being covered in smelly, algae-based mud. A nasty orange color. Reminds me a lot of the color we painted the house on Logan St. growing up.
i wedge this floater in the screen down so it doesn't take off again so I can open the garage. Well, now that I'm no longer running like a mad woman I notice this.
Our swimming pulled wrapped around the tree. We were going to take it down that day when Roy got home from work.... stupid wind. Ended up Having my brother, DJ, come and haul it to the dump for us after it sat like that for a few months. he also hauled out the carpet that had been in our ditch since before we moved in. When we were picking it up, a mouse jumped out. I scream and threw the nasty carpet down and couldn't even get close to it for a few minutes. DJ jumped as when, he said it was because I squealed, but I know he doesn't care for rodents either.
DJ and Jared were able to come and help us dig ditch this summer as well. I'm really thankful they did because everywhere around our house has enormous rocks. Including a lot of the rocks that were part of the church that used to be here. Some much work. :P

THAT sucks. Oh well.
ReplyDelete